This methodology is built into the Sourcematix® strategic sourcing and category management tool, but it can also be utilised independently to allow clients to understand where there is scope for long-term value and process optimisation (VPO) work with suppliers.
In working with clients to deliver VPO projects Newpoint utilises a unique 'shadow team' methodology to ensure that knowledge and skills transfer occurs in the client's business. Newpoint delivers this 'shadow team' transfer to clients in five different ways:
- Skills Transfer: An on-the-job coaching/mentoring programme.
- Master Classes: A classroom-based learning environment, organised specifically to educate and transfer knowledge and skills to the client team.
- Shadow Team Development: A learning approach based on hearing, seeing and (most of all) doing, with Newpoint consultants working alongside and developing the competence of client personnel.
- Handover Planning & Project Closure: A compilation of all lessons learned during the project, for the client to utilise in the future and to ensure that the client is not reliant on Newpoint to embed change.
- Project Health Check: Post-project competence checks to ensure stakeholder satisfaction and identify any further competence improvement requirements.
To learn more about how Newpoint can assist your organisation please contact us.